Monday 15 August 2011

Ravishin' reportin' darlin'




OOORRRIIITE blog readers? I make no apologies- I am writing this from the farm in Devon so have re-adopted a few of the classic Devonshire phrases for the weekend, for example:

‘OOORRRIIITE?’ = ‘you alright?’ / ‘how are things?’ / ‘Hello’

‘Here chucka chucks!’ = ‘Come over here, chickens, this is where I have laid out your grain’

‘Werzat to?’ = ‘Where is that?’

‘I loik drivin’ my tracker round a field’= ‘I like driving my tractor around the field’.

‘Geddon son’ = ‘Get on son’ i.e. ‘well done’


Adapting your language to your audience is also key in sustainability reporting. Yet, this can be tricky when the report-readers, and contributors, vary widely. I have written a few pieces around this recently, based on recent publications by Radley Yeldar (How Does It Stack Up 2011) and Acona (Multiple Messages).

Why report on sustainability?

How to make a superb Sustainability Report

Reporting: it’s a hard-knock life

The all important question: who are you writing for?



Check ‘em out bai!

No comments:

Post a Comment