Tuesday 22 June 2010

Knightsbridge and Belgravia

Yesterday I spent my afternoon swanning around Knightsbridge and Belgravia advising residents on recycling.

All those I spoke to were friendly, although only a few were the actual houseowners as most were housekeepers. I had one very smartly dressed butler tell me he was 'very sorry but had very little time to discuss such matters as was rather busy setting the table for the evening meal', whilst one very glamorous woman told me that not only was she a 'pioneer' of environmental activities, but she was 'quite simply obsessed with it'. I then discovered that she only recycled her newspapers, when she found the time, and was not at all aware of the door-step recycling service.

It seems to be quite a transient population: some had only just moved in, many are often away on business and for some this was one of many residences. So having their very own recycling advisor come to their doorstep was one helpful, practical and, quite simply, priceless luxury. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment